Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 22 -- Shopping Spree

I shopped in Orchard Road on Day 21, but this post is long enough for today, will backdate during next post. ^_________^

**************************************

Lunch @ Food Republic, Vivo City
Oriental style food court, look familiar, like grandmother's house huh?

It's like 'people mountain people sea', difficult to get a place.

Old kitchen utensils, everything looks old, broken, used.

My lunch, fried hor fun (干炒河)

**********************************
National Geographic (sorry, i forgot to take a photo of the entrance)

The 1st station i visited in National Goegraphic, putumayo world music. I don't know what 'putumayo' means, so I look for it in wikipedia and this is what i've got:-

The word putumayo comes from the Quechua language. The verb putuy means "to spring forth" or "to burst out", and mayo is a variant of mayu, meaning river. Thus it means "gushing river".

Hmmm.....anything to do with the music? All I saw was "Salsa", "African Reggae", "Latin", "Indian", "Acoustic French" etc. I tried to listen to it, kinda nice, as if you're in their world, dancing with them.


A wide selection of books, travel guides, magazines, postcards etc, all are from the photographers & journalists of National Geographic.

Cover page of monthly issue. I'm not sure which year, 'coz the words are too small.

The photo gallery

People sitting at the theater, watching National Geographic.

Furniture from worldwide for sale, some are antiques.

The fish fossil

Toys

Ooppss...I forgot to take a photo of cloths they sell here. It's damn expensive! Even more expensive than some branded stuff! A knitted blouse is over 100SGD!

**********************************
Things I hunted today

A River Island blouse, guess how much is the price?

Chocolate from The Cocoa Tree, buy 3 get 1 free and I shared with Si Tieng.
Postcard entitled "The Venice Gondola". This is my dream travel destination.

Bought 2 Bearbrick 19 series for my brother.

This is the skirt I wanted to buy but I was broke. I purposely set a low budget for the day, so that I buy less, but i failed.
So Niko, please help to take note if this dress appears in Warehouse, buy for me with your stuff price.
LOL....it's S$69 here

I saw new arrival Adidas sport shoes, nice T-shirt, elegant belt for my dress,sunglasses....Gosh, so much i wanted to buy. Wait for me ya, I'll come back next week after I've got my salary.

*****************************************************
Drum performance, they're acting like Pinocchio.

Scenery outside Vivo City, opposite of Sentosa. I arrived just in time that I managed to capture the sunlight shining from the back of the cloud. Nice huh?

Harbourfront

4 comments:

Niko.Ching said...

wa....stated my name so big there, can not skip my 'responsibility' to get the skirt for u lor ^^ haha. i check check if it's available here ~

the blouse u bought, really not like u wo...red ribbon? is that for u? kakaka.how much is it?

shopping maniac, control o! ;P

Niko.Ching said...

wai ur skirt is rm115 here. 50% discount de. but not much left one. today i saw the one is size 12. what size u wear?

Samantha said...

aiyak~~sei lak...forgot the size~~

msia cheaper le~singapore S$69 lar~~so expansive oh~

Samantha said...

suan le ba~ look like it's too expansive~ I'll go to shop again when i come back to KL.

Lol...tat blouse is very expansive if i convert into RM...over RM100